Loving and letting go
Friday, January 10, 2014
I am a vicious proponent of waiting for certainty before jumping into anything, but at the same time exemptions are always made for special circumstances because it makes no sense to follow things to unreasonable extents. This is barring anything hypocritical because only in clear cut cases wherein rules or principles are not followed are liable to be conferred the label of hypocritical.
Anyhow, I suppose strengths are always eventually points of weakness and vulnerability (somehow because if followed to extreme extents can compromise on oneself?). Plus what is love anyway? Being minors with a limited extent of maturity well how much is there really to expect of love and how much commonality is there between oneself and another on the terms and conditions of love (which is why communication is paramount)? I guess because there're limits to what we can really hope to get out it all and limits to what we can give/do, as long as we reach these limits then that's really all we can hope for right now. With the necessary effort put in and the willingness to truly fight for what's worth sacrificing for then I suppose anything is possible.
But I digress, and I'm afraid that while pushing everything back to an arbitrary point of "knowing" I forget what it means to really be in love. Subconsciously while I search for reasons that whatever I'm into or trying to understand will work out, I'm forming a list of reasons why it won't work out and when this list has reached it's critical mass there's nothing stopping it from undermining the whole thing. There's too much rationalising and over-thinking that clouds the real meaning behind it all and conceals its beauty and allure.
Relationships are never solely about the happy moments, but rather the times you hold on when everything is falling apart, and the moments you spend giving it your all even while predicaments look bleak. They're about having faith in the other person and truly accepting things for the way they are because compromises have to be made and if personal understandings cannot be reached then where's the meaning in that.
I suppose it all can be summed up in this one image I saw making its rounds on twitter which came attached with the quote "Just because you're mad at someone doesn't mean you stop loving them" and I saved it because it resonated well with me. Just because you're not getting the response you want doesn't mean you stop caring. Just because you face hardships doesn't mean it's the end of the road. Just because you don't currently understand it all is never a good enough reason to give up.
Loving and letting go
Friday, January 10, 2014
I am a vicious proponent of waiting for certainty before jumping into anything, but at the same time exemptions are always made for special circumstances because it makes no sense to follow things to unreasonable extents. This is barring anything hypocritical because only in clear cut cases wherein rules or principles are not followed are liable to be conferred the label of hypocritical.
Anyhow, I suppose strengths are always eventually points of weakness and vulnerability (somehow because if followed to extreme extents can compromise on oneself?). Plus what is love anyway? Being minors with a limited extent of maturity well how much is there really to expect of love and how much commonality is there between oneself and another on the terms and conditions of love (which is why communication is paramount)? I guess because there're limits to what we can really hope to get out it all and limits to what we can give/do, as long as we reach these limits then that's really all we can hope for right now. With the necessary effort put in and the willingness to truly fight for what's worth sacrificing for then I suppose anything is possible.
But I digress, and I'm afraid that while pushing everything back to an arbitrary point of "knowing" I forget what it means to really be in love. Subconsciously while I search for reasons that whatever I'm into or trying to understand will work out, I'm forming a list of reasons why it won't work out and when this list has reached it's critical mass there's nothing stopping it from undermining the whole thing. There's too much rationalising and over-thinking that clouds the real meaning behind it all and conceals its beauty and allure.
Relationships are never solely about the happy moments, but rather the times you hold on when everything is falling apart, and the moments you spend giving it your all even while predicaments look bleak. They're about having faith in the other person and truly accepting things for the way they are because compromises have to be made and if personal understandings cannot be reached then where's the meaning in that.
I suppose it all can be summed up in this one image I saw making its rounds on twitter which came attached with the quote "Just because you're mad at someone doesn't mean you stop loving them" and I saved it because it resonated well with me. Just because you're not getting the response you want doesn't mean you stop caring. Just because you face hardships doesn't mean it's the end of the road. Just because you don't currently understand it all is never a good enough reason to give up.
Biography
About myself
Kay Han
21
I like writing, though I can't say that I'm terribly good at it
Networks
Feel free to look around
Facebook |
Twitter |
Youtube |
Instagram
Tagboard
Rhetoric
Message me if you've been here and have something to say, would really appreciate it
Feedback
Forgive the pretentiousness
Feedback Form
People
The list