<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
Day 3, 4 & 5
Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 3, 4 & 5 in Bali

It's always a good time to think about where we are in life, and consider our circumstance - in order to gain some idea of how grateful we should be and really how many other people deserve much better lives. We all have the propensity for change its whether we really wish to see anything done or we are willing to do anything at all. I realise I've been trying to drive home this point quite a substantial amount as of late, and it's because I feel it's something that a lot of people are lacking in their lives (okay now I feel preachy but I'm not trying to impose this on anyone I'd rather leave this open to interpretation and consideration).

I always covet opportunities to meet new people and make new friends, probably reason why I love going for MUNs. Anyway here's a little on my take of "victim of circumstance" (the phrase). There're a few rules of social interaction, or guidelines to keep yourself in a favourable position. The most important asset of all is currency - being there when it's important and making yourself accessible to others. Once you're out of the picture you really just risk a lot of things, and you've got to be sure that what you're doing, in place of the other, is what your really want. Of course if it can't be helped it can't be helped, and clearly, lacking currency undermines whatever previous standing or involvement you might've had at all.

We're all entitled to our own little irrationalities, or the times where feel inexplicably wronged but cannot clearly explain why. Deep inside I guess it hurts most to be left out, especially when you've tried so hard not to let it happen. Plus be it something you anticipated would happen or not it's not something to be dealt with or internalised easily. Anyway thoughts will just swim into mind and you have to deal with them as they pass through - whether you tried hard enough or not, whether people consider you how you do them, whether at the end of the day you were worth their time or anything at all, whether you were actually meant to be in or not. Not to forget - what's gonna happen now, will people move on and leave you behind, why is nothing being done about it, but really again how and why could you let yourself be treated like this. It's hard to get pissed at any one person in particular and it just seems stupid to lash out at everyone so you confine your misery to the boundaries of your own soul, and adjust your lashings to the insufficiencies of yourself.

That being said, there're other "victims" out there, and this time real ones with much bigger problems. Some people deserve much better lives, for the people that they are and how they deal with things that come their way. But such would be arbitrary considering that their circumstance forces the best out of them in a way that the privileged cannot grasp (not saying however that the privileged don't have their own problems). When these people come across in our lives I think it's beautiful how we feel so much care and concern for them, in an innocent way where we just wish the best for them because they're really such nice people. I'd say that it's a privilege for us to meet them because despite themselves they bring out the best in us and make us into better people. Life's not kind enough to me to let so many of these people pass by me (I count only 2 so far), but I'm fine like that and I'll treasure what I've got.

Again, it's hard to really tell for sure what kind of personality they posses, but from first impressions and interactions there's something to be had for that kind of positivity they radiate. So I guess I'll be taking my time to get to know people better (as always).

So this is an elaboration on myself as an extrovert. I'm bad at drawing lines because when I start out I'm never really sure of what I want, and it takes me an incredibly long time to fully decide what it is that I really do want. Evidently there're pros and cons to that, and one is being incredibly sure at the end of it all what you're planning to do with it. On the flipside it really leaves things in the interim up to interpretation and others decide much faster that I do. A few prior things in my life have changed me to become the person I am today, and something crucial was my foray into attachment a few years back. I'm not going to expound on the intricacies of it all (though ask and I'll tell) but essentially it was a release for me to open up and a stepping stone to development and becoming a better person.

It made me realise a few things - what I really wanted and how far I was willing to go for it. Both of which were disappointing answers at the time which was a good slap to the face and enough reason to end what wasn't right.

Something else came to mind the other day, courtesy of one of my pseudo-siblinghood relationships which was that on loving people and letting them go. As long as we genuinely care for someone then it stands to reason that we will want the best for them, as opposed to wanting to keep them for ourselves. Okay I'll dedicate more thought to this next time.

Lastly once in a while you come across some pretty decent stuff online so here's some food for thought "How do you go cold turkey so easily? Are you wearing some secret patch of me or was I the only on with the addiction." I guess this puts into perspective different sides of the stories and why we should always make it a point to think about how we're making other people feel.

On a side note, I've got a ton of thought catalog articles to comment on and I've been deciding on whether to write one but I've sort of settled on a topic already. In any case thought catalog is simply put a guide on how to be an asshole. Though amidst all that bull there're some things which offer good perspective which I will also expound on later on.

(temple visiting)
Bali is a wonderful place to relax, reflect and reorganise stuff


Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019