<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
Mornings spent alone
Sunday, December 29, 2013

Spending time alone in the morning was a poignant reminder of the little things I enjoy and the fundamental desires of my being.

There's something in the peaceful tranquility of the waking city, and it's something you have to walk along the streets to see. You glimpse a few youths making their way around but they form the minority amongst the adults and those enjoying their golden years. 

While the city is a bustling place oft not absent with a cacophony of shouts, laughter and the general rumble of traffic, seeing it in relative solitude is comforting. People make the city and when we wake so does it, when we party so does it. The city groggily awakens as increasing waves of people pass through it's streets, out of the safety of home into a comforting embrace anew. 

The Istana park is a lovely place to be in the morning, so is the stretch just after Orchard Central stopping short of the park. But then again I've always been drawn to parks and such places of peaceful excitement (to call it a monotony will not be doing the places justice). They're places that I see myself spending time alone, in melodious companionship or with a wider circle of friends. 

I covet quiet moments and reflection, something usually absent from the typical party joint but when present I'm sure I could take something back from it (probably a circumlocutory thought summed up by the words "never come back"). 

Whatever the case it's intimacy that I search for among all facets of human companionship. It's truly getting to know someone for who they are and taking comfort that even if they aren't what I'm searching for I tried to understand them. When two souls meet there's no guarantee that they'll match (be in the platonic sense or otherwise) but it's ways nice when they do - which is why I make friends. 

At the same time I've begun a growing appreciation for people who are early (or at least on time). As much as I despise being late it happens way too often but thankfully not too much during the holidays. 

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019