Day 2
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Day 2 in Bali
Well as a clearly evident testament to my inability to keep to deadlines and really my horrible timekeeping, here I am catching up on my daily adventures (and thoughts too). At this point of time I'd like to refer to an interesting article on thought catalog that I had the fortune of coming across a few days before, on 101 tips on how to be a writer (or something along the same lines), which was to write - not sporadically mind you more like 6 hours every day, every week, every month, every year. Which makes sense and is congruent with Malcom Gladwell's
Outliers in which he expounds on the 10,000 hours rule.
Anyway, yesterday was spent roaming the cluttered streets of Bali, which are narrow and vaguely reminiscent of Malaysia. Nothing short of culturally rich (and homogeneous too), and being a largely Hindu country different religious artifacts and tokens are all over the place. We spent the first half of the afternoon in the more atas shopping district (of the two in the vicinity available to us), where there really wasn't much available for me to buy though I did strike off another name off my Christmas list (slowly inching towards completion hooray).
Moving on well this week long sabbatical is in some sense my attempt to consolidate divergent trains of thought I've been having throughout the year and attempt to construe actions and words to gain some sense of who I am as a person and how far I've changed (if any at all). So, as a generally extroverted person I find starting things very easy, but it's taking steps to maintain certain things or when things have run their course where I find it difficult to apply myself correctly. Mainly the latter than anything else. (Given that I've just taken a quick run through my posts and realised that some of them I really can't remember what I was writing about (too damned ambiguous) I'll add a bit more here). This is mostly my take on relationship dynamics, and as much as I like to make friends I understand that there're emotional limits and lines that should not be crossed.
There're more things that I want out of life, and some more irrational than others. While still not yet physically impossible (but on so many other counts, and really regrettably so), I want a sister. This is not one of the random strings of thought but something that has been on my mind for a considerable amount of time up to this point in my life. I guess growing up in an environment with three brothers never really exposed me to what I could be missing out had I had a sister (instead of my younger brother which according to my mum was what she wanted), but at the same time made for so many exciting experiences which I'll be forever thankful (there're guy things, and then there're girl things, and then there're guy-girl things).
Nonetheless boys being boys we all have our emotional thresholds and so there're things left to be desired. Of course in this respect having friends does help a lot, and for that (again) I am immensely grateful for (I do hope you read my blog tyvm); as to this kind of relationship that I've outlined with people I can only count two (so congratulations jk. you will know who you are) and thing is (I've given this thought) that they're from families with both boys and girls so that being said it's not so much of a mutually dependent relationship... but I'm emotionally unstable so that would out well for everybody (hahaha).
All things not yet being considered, and this is now from some math book I read a long while back but had points which really stuck with me (the book on monkeys typing Shakespeare), I might be only considering the positivity in all this that's why it plays like a fairytale in my head but I suppose amidst all the usual sibling nonsense it'll be good. But I'll never really be able to tell, so as a note to everyone out there - treasure what you have right now, be it siblings or whatever (really many reasons to be so, so happy).
Finally, thank you again (Y) (wow now that was poetic, to whoever you are was it intended in that way because good job). So sorry actually I didn't expect to take so long to reply but here I am (better late than never, again). Anyway uh in the context of the last part of the post it was meant on a more personal basis so if you do PM me instead I'll try to help you out there or email me (anonymously or however it is you want to). In any case I'll be forever grateful to you, and other readers that I have because as my small attempt to revive the art of blogging and reflect on life, this would be nothing without you. Uh and not sure if anyone noticed but I did make this google form so if you blog yourself I'd really like to read too because reading blogs is always an experience in itself.
This to my sec 3 junior, who ceremoniously was the first to use that form, thanks for reading haha. Also thanks for the encouragement (everybody loves that and need bits of that to get on with life well), I wish you the best of luck in sec 4 next year. So this is from personal experience but spend the year consistently working on your academics because at the end of it all they're your saving grace, but do involve yourself actively in other things because they make you a better person (plus portfolio too which is a must-have for most things nowadays). Really hope you still read (so you can see this) and yup good luck
(beach photos)
Day 2
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Day 2 in Bali
Well as a clearly evident testament to my inability to keep to deadlines and really my horrible timekeeping, here I am catching up on my daily adventures (and thoughts too). At this point of time I'd like to refer to an interesting article on thought catalog that I had the fortune of coming across a few days before, on 101 tips on how to be a writer (or something along the same lines), which was to write - not sporadically mind you more like 6 hours every day, every week, every month, every year. Which makes sense and is congruent with Malcom Gladwell's
Outliers in which he expounds on the 10,000 hours rule.
Anyway, yesterday was spent roaming the cluttered streets of Bali, which are narrow and vaguely reminiscent of Malaysia. Nothing short of culturally rich (and homogeneous too), and being a largely Hindu country different religious artifacts and tokens are all over the place. We spent the first half of the afternoon in the more atas shopping district (of the two in the vicinity available to us), where there really wasn't much available for me to buy though I did strike off another name off my Christmas list (slowly inching towards completion hooray).
Moving on well this week long sabbatical is in some sense my attempt to consolidate divergent trains of thought I've been having throughout the year and attempt to construe actions and words to gain some sense of who I am as a person and how far I've changed (if any at all). So, as a generally extroverted person I find starting things very easy, but it's taking steps to maintain certain things or when things have run their course where I find it difficult to apply myself correctly. Mainly the latter than anything else. (Given that I've just taken a quick run through my posts and realised that some of them I really can't remember what I was writing about (too damned ambiguous) I'll add a bit more here). This is mostly my take on relationship dynamics, and as much as I like to make friends I understand that there're emotional limits and lines that should not be crossed.
There're more things that I want out of life, and some more irrational than others. While still not yet physically impossible (but on so many other counts, and really regrettably so), I want a sister. This is not one of the random strings of thought but something that has been on my mind for a considerable amount of time up to this point in my life. I guess growing up in an environment with three brothers never really exposed me to what I could be missing out had I had a sister (instead of my younger brother which according to my mum was what she wanted), but at the same time made for so many exciting experiences which I'll be forever thankful (there're guy things, and then there're girl things, and then there're guy-girl things).
Nonetheless boys being boys we all have our emotional thresholds and so there're things left to be desired. Of course in this respect having friends does help a lot, and for that (again) I am immensely grateful for (I do hope you read my blog tyvm); as to this kind of relationship that I've outlined with people I can only count two (so congratulations jk. you will know who you are) and thing is (I've given this thought) that they're from families with both boys and girls so that being said it's not so much of a mutually dependent relationship... but I'm emotionally unstable so that would out well for everybody (hahaha).
All things not yet being considered, and this is now from some math book I read a long while back but had points which really stuck with me (the book on monkeys typing Shakespeare), I might be only considering the positivity in all this that's why it plays like a fairytale in my head but I suppose amidst all the usual sibling nonsense it'll be good. But I'll never really be able to tell, so as a note to everyone out there - treasure what you have right now, be it siblings or whatever (really many reasons to be so, so happy).
Finally, thank you again (Y) (wow now that was poetic, to whoever you are was it intended in that way because good job). So sorry actually I didn't expect to take so long to reply but here I am (better late than never, again). Anyway uh in the context of the last part of the post it was meant on a more personal basis so if you do PM me instead I'll try to help you out there or email me (anonymously or however it is you want to). In any case I'll be forever grateful to you, and other readers that I have because as my small attempt to revive the art of blogging and reflect on life, this would be nothing without you. Uh and not sure if anyone noticed but I did make this google form so if you blog yourself I'd really like to read too because reading blogs is always an experience in itself.
This to my sec 3 junior, who ceremoniously was the first to use that form, thanks for reading haha. Also thanks for the encouragement (everybody loves that and need bits of that to get on with life well), I wish you the best of luck in sec 4 next year. So this is from personal experience but spend the year consistently working on your academics because at the end of it all they're your saving grace, but do involve yourself actively in other things because they make you a better person (plus portfolio too which is a must-have for most things nowadays). Really hope you still read (so you can see this) and yup good luck
(beach photos)
Biography
About myself
Kay Han
21
I like writing, though I can't say that I'm terribly good at it
Networks
Feel free to look around
Facebook |
Twitter |
Youtube |
Instagram
Tagboard
Rhetoric
Message me if you've been here and have something to say, would really appreciate it
Feedback
Forgive the pretentiousness
Feedback Form
People
The list