<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
Of sleepy hollows and childhood reminiscence
Thursday, January 9, 2014

The familiar rush of pulsating emotions courses through my veins, like fingers running over a long forgotten scar from a time of happiness and sorrow. It's something that I advocated a long time ago, then forgot for reasons of tiredness and perpetual unappreciatedness. Now as I reconsider, I realise that I truly believe in it and in the face of resistance I will continue.

I guess I base how I treat my friends (or at least the ones that really matter to me) how I would like to be treated, and in ways which I know I will feel happy if on the receiving end because those are ways in which I know how to make people happier or feel better. They differ in magnitude of acts, from simply picking up on the little things and making the effort to make them feel appreciated to long conversations or incessant bugging or making them feel like they're not alone. All at the same time bearing in mind that list of things that I detest.

Necessary provisions is a quaint little place tucked far away in Eng Kong Park and the funny thing is that the place is more familiar than I would've thought it'd be. Used to go to school around the area actually (Bukit Timah Primary School). Didn't expect to find such a place so near to home, that retains an old world charm and is so peacefully quiet at the same time. The infrequency of traffic both human and otherwise makes it a very desirable place to while away time in mellifluous tranquility - that is with comforting conversation.

Plus they have the most ultimate hipster playlist, which is full of hidden gems in the world of music - Radical Face churns out several comforting and very appealing tunes (hear Ghost Town, Always Gold, Mountains and Black Eyes).

Again I really like parks I guess (there's so much to go on but basking silently in imagination will suffice for now). There's also something that I've recently come across in The art of travel (by Alain de Botton), which by the way is an excellent read and I will do a review of it soon, that deals with the sublimity of our natural surroundings. The very extreme and sheer grandeur of the physicality of the landscape entices such emotions and feelings within us. Of course this would require the grandest of nature's formations but on a smaller scale it's still a reasonable explanation as to the wonderful allure of parks.

On a side note school is gonna start soon and while there're gonna be ridiculously unnecessary tests which contradict common sense because no one will know anything about anything to be able to answer well, gonna see my friends again. 我的那个 gonna paint the town red HAHAHA been a long time since the last meet

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019