shortcomings
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
With the propensity of greatness it is inevitable that we are characteristically flawed. Amidst whatever we put forth, without much stable backing the slightest push causes us to crumble.
Well so much for all that really detached stuff that I usually write, and because there aren't many places nowadays where I feel motivated to really open up I'll jot something here. This as perhaps a marker to remind myself of things to check on months from now, or things to bring up with certain newly minted people; or as a simple record of where I am now.
It really is much easier to say something much rather write it down, to have it immortalised (what with the power of science and technology). Everyone fears vulnerability, and the surest way to expose oneself is to reveal all that we fear, all that we are inadequate at and all that we cannot overcome, and have others fashion the objects of our demise into weapons to destroy us. But hey, being stuck between uncertainties, a certainty of living plainly, or enjoy excitement, hardships, short-lived happiness and long-term discontent, but always with the propensity for wondrous experience, this does take time to choose.
Watching breaking bad has, surprisingly, provided me with fresh insight into things that've been on my mind. Or at the very least in some way it has reinforced my fundamentals in such a way that I'm determined to follow with my predetermined course of action. "Never make the same mistake twice" was mentioned once, and while understandably we could all relate to this in some way or another, we all have different takes on it. A certain thing has happened in the past and while it started of well, it tapered off towards the end and given how I was feeling it just wasn't meant to be.
In any case at the time the problem was already pretty clear to me, as it still is right now, that there're issues that I've yet to complete grapple with or resolve. Ask and I'll tell, for this I feel merits real discussion rather than a deadpan monologue. Point is, that whatever I've done wrong in the past, should never be repeated and I'll really trying to make that a reality.
You.

