<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
It's been kind of long, nothing I regret #YOLO
Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ah. Practically given up on Tumblr I guess. Rather tempted to say blogging as a whole, but here I am, and renewed with vigour. (vigour looks so much more complete than vigor, but besides the point) I feel cliched in wanting to write "so...[and what I've been up to]", so none of that lame stuff.

It's really hard to find purpose in life I guess. I mean we're all now centred around that seemingly never ending dark abyss of education, but otherwise? Admittedly, and somewhat of a universal truth, academic focus is mundane. Not that I approach studies with a lackadaisical attitude. I guess there's somewhat of a hole, for lack of a better word (trypophobia ffs), inside me that needs to be filled. I crave human interaction, then again so do many others, nothing uncommon there.

Something I want to comment on here, and I quote (for context) "I would like to be as good a friend I can be to others - I try to be faggy around faggots, be nice around nice people and sometimes even being childish around childish people brings me a certain joy of social interaction. As far as confidence in each other, friendship, trust and fun goes this is my philosophy and perceptually the most effective way of social interaction. Letting people feel good around me is a philosophy that I will always live up to. " 

Written by one of my closest friends (of which I have a select few). I don't agree haha. Granted you can't be the same person around everybody, some way or another personality shifts occur quite frequently and naturally. But I guess it should never be a conscious thing, a forced effort. Acknowledging that the joy of others brings joy to oneself, it seems rather pointless to mold oneself to the personality of others, to the habits of others. I hold steadfast in saying that ones personality should never be the result of wanting to fit in, even so for motives as altruistic as wanting to make others happy.

No exceptions made. And there is a distinction here, if anyone is thinking that smiling as a courtesy to others is encompassed under the aforementioned. As a courtesy, smiling brings out the best in others, smiling is contagious (of course it does help to have a damn fine smile), and keeps the atmosphere pleasantly fluffy.

Stupidity and the fundamental lack of confidence cloud the mindsets of these people. Heh. For fear of sounding like an overly angsty kid, and keeping in line with my beliefs, I take that back. (it's still there of course, like a statement made and withdrawn, or requested to be disregarded by the judge, in court) Just be true to whoever you are. If acceptance cannot be found where you seek, then however you approach the issue is wrong. Not yourself. Never change yourself, who you are, what you are, what you believe in, what you love, what you do, just for the sake of fitting in.

I'm not trying to chastise the actions of anyone here, I'm doing this as part of a quest for reassurance (?), of which this insecure soul requires a cornucopia of. Uh. On a side note I have many quests in life (sounds rather old fashioned and gay), and I theorise quite a lot, mainly on social interaction.

Back. I take pride in my knowledge that those friends whom I consider close stay true to themselves around me. And of course trust, I've got your back you've got mine, mutual understanding, life goes on, priorities, courtesies, respect the list goes on. So hmmmm, I've come to the realisation that the aforementioned, the quote to be exact, does have its merits. I agree.

When it comes to basic, surface-shallow interaction, more concisely getting to know people, this is what to do. To free oneself of judgement and approach situations, and people with an open mind.

I just hope that that comment was made in the same context I'm interpreting it in. If not then it'd really be quite sad. Quite lugubrious.

On to more stuff, it has been quite long since I've picked up my pen, and with great effort relayed my feelings onto paper, open for the world to read. (and judge) This being said in both the metaphorical and literal sense. But as for blogging I guess I don't regret not having blogged in a long time. I've been busy with other things I guess, and life has been picking up, in its fun yet mysterious ways. (use #YOLO quite a bit now. #YOLO. Pretty self explanatory)

Don't feel in the mood to delve into deeper stuff. Later. Provided inspiration and motivation find me.

Kay Han. [paraph]

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019