<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
Oops.
Sunday, February 27, 2011

O Gosh. I was going to post on the 22nd, forget what date that was, but in the end I was too overloaded. That's not an excuse though, it's just a reason, and a pretty flimsy one at that. Well I didn't post much during the holidays, neither have I right now, disappointing again. I hope people still come and visit, and to read as well. This post is an LA ACE post because I haven't the time (stupid, stupid, stupid), so enjoy reading, if you can. Please say something too, something nice or constructive.

The 2011 budget, released recently allocated an arguably large sum of money to healthcare and supporting the elderly. I feel that the government should actually be allocating more money towards Singapore's dwindling birthrate. Now, with not such a big elderly population that we are unable to support, Singapore should concentrate on having the current second generation Singaporeans increase Singapore's birthrate, instead of focusing on the rapidly aging population.

The main reason for my opinion of this, is that once there is a larger population of 3rd generation Singaporeans, then filial piety should kick in and therefore the elderly will be taken care of. Moving on to filial piety, comparing married and unmarried Singaporeans, married Singaporeans have the hardest time taking care of their parents.

For single Singaporeans, for some it's because they are focusing on work, and others because they just don't want to settle down. So these people have enough space, and enough cash to support their parents, and share the house with them. However for married people, for some the household income is put towards their children, or maybe a nice house or car. Then most of the time they live in HDBs, or small condominiums, not leaving a lot of space for others. Usually only enough space for one person's parents. This leads to quarrels, and conflicts over who's parents are the more important, which in turn leads to divorce.

To be continued.

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019