<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
Commitment.
Monday, May 9, 2011

||| I realize when I read through my Language Arts, that I have many incomplete posts. I go back to them , and in a vain attempt try and complete them, in the end churn out nonsense, a mere shadow of how I had wanted, imagined it to be. As I write this I wonder to myself, 'why in the world, if not satisfied do I not redo it?'. The answer for that is simple, and it's all about commitment. Whether I commit myself to giving my all in all, or I just soldier on, choosing to be oblivious to the depressingly low standard of writing on my blog.

Then again I ask another question, 'is the standard of my writing really that low?' So I go back and read it again, and realize that it's not that bad. I think if I want to be stringent on myself I will be, if I choose to be more relaxed, then relaxed I will be.

Before I press the enticing orange "PUBLISH POST" button, another question swims into my mind, 'is this not me soldering on, being oblivious to the depressingly low standard of writing on my blog?' Why yes it seems to be the case. Willing myself not to be, I stop all this thinking, and move on to a further editing of my blog posts. Whether they remain at the level that they are now, remains to be seen, and is a reflection on my commitment after this post. |||

That was something I wrote in my Language Arts blog, and this is an attempt at committing to my blog once again. Hopefully my commitment stays strong, and hopefully more people visit my blog again, though I have no idea how to boost publicity if I don't want other people on Facebook reading this. We'll see. The privacy button comes into handy now.

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019