<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
to love and to be brave
Monday, June 23, 2014

http://elitedaily.com/dating/why-not-giving-in-to-vulnerability-is-compromising-your-relationship-status-and-potential-happiness/604379/

'Generation-Y has cultivated an attitude that people who are direct, friendly, and forward are "creepy" and that openly caring about someone qualifies you as "clingy".'

I think beyond a doubt this is a statement that we all can share some sort of sentiment with, that in the society that we live in today we really fail to be non-judgemental and prefer to dismiss niceties and malign others than accept that truly people can be nice. To love openly is by far the braver and better option (and love is really more than romantic love, platonic love forms a very substantial part of our lives too), and despite what other people may think or say, at the end of the day you'll be better off because of it.

I realise that a lot of the time I see people being more open about their feelings and actions, I don't usually join them for I feel that it's better to play by society's rules, to go with the norm. But really heck it if they're wrong, I should be trying to make the world that I want to live in. People are bound to continue to act in certain ways because change comes slowly, but just maybe things will start to change.

I suppose people are getting frustrated with how contrived communication has become, that we rely so heavily on some things and form expectations in our heads. Though this I guess is how playing by the rules applies, we can't use traditional beliefs and apply them to how we live our lives, we have to compromise at some point in time because this is who we are now. People use certain thing as instruments of power, and even if not they inadvertently are so - because of this communication in any form of relationship is paramount in order to make sure it works. Getting used to other people's schedules and all that helps too.

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019