"pseudo-break"
Friday, April 18, 2014
It's been a tough week and it's only about to get tougher. Been through a lot of self doubt lately and well I hope things get better. Lacking a clear direction in what I want to do right now and I feel like taking a break from it all but I can't - not here, not right now anyway.
There's always a constant thought that I won't be able to keep up with the people around me (in all ways and meanings, but more so in the sense of maintaining friendships and relationships). I fear I spread myself too thin and while there're mechanisms that I put in place to try and make things work, I'm not sure how long I can hold them for.
My thoughts are strings in the water that get tangled up in each other, that are seen clearly yet unclearly because one end does not (seemingly so) connect to another - like an infinite loop of a problem.
Thankfully I feel like I've finally closed off something big, something troubling. Something that took ages to consider but minutes to finally get over. Something that'll still make me sad but well something that'll matter less and less.
I think all the literature is making me either more contrived or poetic.
//
Hello again l.g. haha you're fairly good at lurking I see and kudos to you for that and yep always surprised at how quick you reply (never cease to amaze haha). Been thinking that I should link more people but I don't know many others who blog myself - you could recommend some if you know of any (much appreciated) - as for Ian hahaha yes he does like to publicise his stuff quite a lot, but on that note it implies you're somehow connected to us both (how mysterious ;)) hmm can't really comment on Aristotelian philosophy because I haven't actually understood it yet heh. Speaking of PIs mine is coming along pretty well I guess, came up with a good enough topic and everything else kinda fell into place afterward so rather satisfied with that :-) and on that note would that imply that you've been through the process yourself before?
Thanks for the congratulations haha getting in was a real relief on my part, and right now things are getting interesting with regards to internal elections and all that~ (what do you mean by other areas - and with that ";-)" face HAHAHA)
As to math > KI I answered that on my ask.fm already (though on consideration was it you who asked haha) anyway for the record:
"I was more afraid of not getting my A than anything else, and the fact that KI isn't internationally recognised (though gaining recognition - as it should). Also though I like to think I wasn't confident of my ability to perform well in KI. It seems damn interesting though and something I knew I'd enjoy (at the time of deliberation) but I went with geog in the end because I love human geog<3 (fun fact: HP geog A rate is near perfect)
"I was more afraid of not getting my A than anything else, and the fact that KI isn't internationally recognised (though gaining recognition - as it should). Also though I like to think I wasn't confident of my ability to perform well in KI. It seems damn interesting though and something I knew I'd enjoy (at the time of deliberation) but I went with geog in the end because I love human geog<3 (fun fact: HP geog A rate is near perfect)
Plus I wanted to take math to increase my career options and all that - not that I'm v good at it but for me I guess it's a matter of hard work and I know as long as I work hard enough for it I can do well. (Was considering GELKI)
Thanks for the vote of confidence though hahaha but I probably don't compare to my batch mates in KI - I'm not a very good critical thinker (sadly)"
Admittedly the first time I read Captain Bluebear I got through a few pages and put it back down because I didn't fancy it - it seemed rather weird and all. But when I picked it up again in upper primary I loved it haha I guess it depends on what you like/ are willing to read :) I read less because I spend my free time watching shows instead haha I guess that's really it - more laziness than anything else :/
Hope you're having a great week (whatever you're up to haha) and best of luck for the months ahead~

