Banners and blending
Monday, March 17, 2014
Banner painting is an inherent part of the Hwach school culture, and an exciting and admirable one at that. There's really something to be said for physical memorabilia (the things oozing with sentimentality) and especially something you've invested time and energy in, something you've used your own artistic talents to create. Anyway so I spent a large part of Monday working on Ian's banner, which I must say turned out quite wonderfully (do look out for it too during campaign week). In the process I've become semi-proficient in the art of paint gradients and blending which leaves me very proud of myself.
So when chances have been taken, when efforts have been made, and the dust finally settles in the finely marked grooves in the ground, we become clear of our circumstance and are ready to move on. Such is the nature of what we like to call closure, a definitive understanding of our circumstance and a clear concept that we are able to wrap our heads around, a coming-to-terms that has previously alluded us. But if life is one big problem doesn't an understanding of the situation leave us with the ability to try and address the problems as is necessary? Plus there's something admirable in the indomitable spirit and the will to carry on in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds - because within us we understand that what lies ahead is not there for the arbitrary deterrence of us from our current path, it's something that we can take the opportunity to correct or change in a way such that it fits onto the path that we wish to travel.
Life is a constant struggle, and we never really get what we want - which in some sense is good because it makes us accustomed to failure. Sometimes failure is in a very small part our own fault and a larger part the unfortunate circumstance of the universe aligning in a terribly unfavourable manner - I think very well summarised in this quote I came across: 'nothing's worse than meeting the right person at the wrong time' (although not entirely true the general gist is there). Acceptance is important and well it's good to know when we're in the wrong and when things just aren't how we want them to be, no matter how hard we try.
On that note I realise that I might be getting slightly repetitive with 1) the way I write, 2) what I write - which centralises around this concept of trudging on through the hardships of life and how to deal with things in general. We shall see where this realisation takes me~
There're really so many things that I want out of life, and on whimsical flights of fancy I chase after certain things (in the knowing that a situation is allegedly supposed to end in failure but well nothing's done until it's done right). Yesterday (Sunday) there was one moment on the train where I experienced this sensation of pure jubilation (yes words that I'm not using lightly) and well it was nice to know that such feelings hadn't completely eluded me. I live my life in constant anticipation of better things to come, and reminiscence of events passed - waiting for when I can see my friends again, or when I can relax/enjoy myself.
It's hard also to identify what we really want out of life, and perhaps reason why I like taking personality tests because in cases of indecision a choice can be chosen without any though at all. They tell us what we're like (as if we didn't know already??? but ironic) and to that extent what we should do with our lives. Which is why these tests are bad for people who aren't already sure of who they are and/or who they want to be because it inadvertently compartmentalises them into ways that stifle their true selves.
I'm an ENFP/J according to the MBTI test, a type 2w3 or 3w2 (haven't really been able to figure out which yet) according to the Enneagram personality test and a Spontaneous Idealist according to iPersonic. All of these kind of tie in with each other though, and there're many similarities which well confirms that I'm that sort of person.
L.G. (took me a while to figure out if it was an "I" or an "L", but I did so well saved myself some embarrassment there haha), anyway wow thanks for the amazingly quick response, and the comfort of knowing that there're people that actually read so thanks again haha :) Sorry I'll get down to addressing your stuff tomorrow morning (my favourite part of the day whoop whoop), hope you're having a good holiday also~
Banners and blending
Monday, March 17, 2014
Banner painting is an inherent part of the Hwach school culture, and an exciting and admirable one at that. There's really something to be said for physical memorabilia (the things oozing with sentimentality) and especially something you've invested time and energy in, something you've used your own artistic talents to create. Anyway so I spent a large part of Monday working on Ian's banner, which I must say turned out quite wonderfully (do look out for it too during campaign week). In the process I've become semi-proficient in the art of paint gradients and blending which leaves me very proud of myself.
So when chances have been taken, when efforts have been made, and the dust finally settles in the finely marked grooves in the ground, we become clear of our circumstance and are ready to move on. Such is the nature of what we like to call closure, a definitive understanding of our circumstance and a clear concept that we are able to wrap our heads around, a coming-to-terms that has previously alluded us. But if life is one big problem doesn't an understanding of the situation leave us with the ability to try and address the problems as is necessary? Plus there's something admirable in the indomitable spirit and the will to carry on in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds - because within us we understand that what lies ahead is not there for the arbitrary deterrence of us from our current path, it's something that we can take the opportunity to correct or change in a way such that it fits onto the path that we wish to travel.
Life is a constant struggle, and we never really get what we want - which in some sense is good because it makes us accustomed to failure. Sometimes failure is in a very small part our own fault and a larger part the unfortunate circumstance of the universe aligning in a terribly unfavourable manner - I think very well summarised in this quote I came across: 'nothing's worse than meeting the right person at the wrong time' (although not entirely true the general gist is there). Acceptance is important and well it's good to know when we're in the wrong and when things just aren't how we want them to be, no matter how hard we try.
On that note I realise that I might be getting slightly repetitive with 1) the way I write, 2) what I write - which centralises around this concept of trudging on through the hardships of life and how to deal with things in general. We shall see where this realisation takes me~
There're really so many things that I want out of life, and on whimsical flights of fancy I chase after certain things (in the knowing that a situation is allegedly supposed to end in failure but well nothing's done until it's done right). Yesterday (Sunday) there was one moment on the train where I experienced this sensation of pure jubilation (yes words that I'm not using lightly) and well it was nice to know that such feelings hadn't completely eluded me. I live my life in constant anticipation of better things to come, and reminiscence of events passed - waiting for when I can see my friends again, or when I can relax/enjoy myself.
It's hard also to identify what we really want out of life, and perhaps reason why I like taking personality tests because in cases of indecision a choice can be chosen without any though at all. They tell us what we're like (as if we didn't know already??? but ironic) and to that extent what we should do with our lives. Which is why these tests are bad for people who aren't already sure of who they are and/or who they want to be because it inadvertently compartmentalises them into ways that stifle their true selves.
I'm an ENFP/J according to the MBTI test, a type 2w3 or 3w2 (haven't really been able to figure out which yet) according to the Enneagram personality test and a Spontaneous Idealist according to iPersonic. All of these kind of tie in with each other though, and there're many similarities which well confirms that I'm that sort of person.
L.G. (took me a while to figure out if it was an "I" or an "L", but I did so well saved myself some embarrassment there haha), anyway wow thanks for the amazingly quick response, and the comfort of knowing that there're people that actually read so thanks again haha :) Sorry I'll get down to addressing your stuff tomorrow morning (my favourite part of the day whoop whoop), hope you're having a good holiday also~
Biography
About myself
Kay Han
21
I like writing, though I can't say that I'm terribly good at it
Networks
Feel free to look around
Facebook |
Twitter |
Youtube |
Instagram
Tagboard
Rhetoric
Message me if you've been here and have something to say, would really appreciate it
Feedback
Forgive the pretentiousness
Feedback Form
People
The list