<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1910926976326845670?origin\x3dhttp://cheer--you--up.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Cheer You Up
life's little ironies







thanks for stopping by
Profile entries Tagboard Affiliates
thoughts - because of every night
Saturday, June 28, 2014

http://thoughtcatalog.com/tim-hoch/2014/06/10-ways-youre-making-your-life-harder-than-it-has-to-be/
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/10-truths-you-may-have-forgotten-your-hard-times.html
http://therumpus.net/2014/04/the-language-of-desire/
http://elitedaily.com/dating/why-not-giving-in-to-vulnerability-is-compromising-your-relationship-status-and-potential-happiness/604379/

So there're these few articles that I've come across recently, each one of them has something to take away and while I'm too lazy (and for lack of time) to go in depth for each article, there's stuff I'd like to say. No one by nature is ever a 100% sure and confident of themselves, because we're always looking for others to compare ourselves to and more often than not we find ways in which we are inferior to others (along with countless others but this is not the point). It's through life's experiences, the lessons we take from when we are sad, and the ones when we are happy, that combined to form our perspectives - which decide the kind of people that we are.

It pays off to be nice, because you feel better about yourself and quite possibly make others feel better to. I try not to take things too seriously (contextually of course) because I think it's a bit of a mood spoiler and frankly if I were to be so damn serious about everything I might not have so much fun. Finding a balance between the two isn't very hard either, get closer to people so that you can enrich their lives (possibly) and have them enrich yours (definitely), and make them laugh, make them comfortable in your presence. Do things that well and truly make you happy, if making friends and being loud and boisterous makes you happy then do it - do it!

Don't ever give up on the things that make you well and truly happy, that fill you up with an inexplicable feeling inside and never relinquish the chase for those moments when you think "God I wish this lasts forever". Things, people, whatever - though people are very important. I'm in some sort of mood tonight, I've also been in some sort of mood this past week, and there's something about life that's got me riled up and excited, at the same time mellow and all pondery inside.

Words are important, but important as well is the intent behind the words, because that's probably what matters most. It's a perspective thing that helps you to better understand and accept things in life (it's also a good defence when you say something wrong). I guess the point I'm trying to get at here is that while tact is understandably an important part of relationship building and interacting with others, amongst the people you love and who accept you (or at least say they do - this could be a good measure of to what extent exactly), say what you want to say (and let the words fall out?). If you miss them you miss them, if you love them you love them, if there's something that annoys you mention it, and don't keep anything that eats away at you inside kept hidden away. I guess you gotta start somewhere and as crude as it may come across you'll probably get better in time as well.

Never stop believing in yourself, that you can do anything you set your mind to, that you are a brilliant person and you deserve to be happy. I believe some people deserve better lives, and if they're people that I care about then I'd be willing to go a lot further to be a better friend. But that's on a semi-unrelated note. There is a line between egoistic/conceited and loving and being proud of yourself for who you are. Make sure that you don't cross it, or maybe the line is very blurred. Don't forget to stop loving yourself and taking pride in your achievements

//

Hello l.g.,

Hope that whatever delayed you previously is better now, if it's not feel free to share or something, or tell me how I can maybe help - would love to. Please only write when you can otherwise it's okay haha but I do appreciate it so very much when you do. Anyway 2 days left till the first exam and I just hope I can get everything settled by then, mostly trying to settle all the conceptual understanding now and before the exam I'll do the consolidation/ recapping. Always wanted to do something about Chinese but never really got around to it I guess, a small regret but I guess I never was motivated enough - a character flaw perhaps.

Your challenge sounds pretty interesting though I doubt I'd have the commitment to keep up with it haha I'll just stick to what I'm doing right now because it's more ad hoc heh. Yes it's true though that people don't readily accept compliments and in some part it's a reflection of how our mindsets are set in such a way that we are naturally in disbelief when people tell us something nice - we tend to think they have ulterior motives hahaha.

There was this question I answered a while back that's somewhat similar to yours http://ask.fm/Footballbearr/answer/113028551309 but I may come up with a more comprehensive/detailed list in time to come (to better understand myself and what I want I guess). To some lengths I feel that a concrete list is detrimental because liking is a dynamic thing and can change over time, it wouldn't been good cementing a particular set of expectations that might change, or pigeon hole our expectations.

Thanks so much for the last part, not sure if you remember what it was but it was very nice, so thank you again :-) yes also about the sadness part also, I think people find comfort in melancholy sometimes, and because they've been there for too long. It's something that can really put a damper on life especially if it's to such an extent that they really don't know anything else.

The tumblr is open for reading for anyone who wants to pop by hahaha and the productivity chart was interesting, kind of trying to do something like that already - desperate times and measures. Anyhow, have a great weekend, study hard

Copyrighted @ Kay Han 2019