Style
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I'm supposed to be studying now. I'll just take a break. I think my style of writing has definitely changed and I don't like who I used to be how I used to write. It would be wrong to say that I don't like who I used to be, because I don't. I used to be a lot different from who I am now though, some of you can testify to that, but I am happy with who I am now.
When I used to blog, at all, it was filled with emoticons. I don't like doing that now. My personal opinion? It conveys a sense of insincerity, like you're kidding around. Thats not what I want, but no discrimination intended. Once in a while isn't that bad =P (Thats for all the emoticon users) Text talk should be kept to texting only. But thats a different matter, have a draft on that, will post it soon.
The main difference would be that my previous style of writing was snobbish. Stuck up as well, now I hate it. It's really beyond me how I could ever like writing like that. When I was way younger as well, just starting GEP, I was sort of like that. That's probably explainable, young, naive etc. So not going to touch on that.
Writing in short sentences, to me, conveys a sense of seriousness, to the pointness. I shouldn't use it all the time though, it's probably going to get boring. I've also been repeating a lot of things, which is not something I aspire to do. Most of my topics have been leaning towards the "emotional" side, which is nice to do. Probably because I've been feeling like that a lot recently, which allows me to blog "in essence". My first few posts however have me talking about some other topics, which is average to me, might or might not do it again.
Style
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I'm supposed to be studying now. I'll just take a break. I think my style of writing has definitely changed and I don't like who I used to be how I used to write. It would be wrong to say that I don't like who I used to be, because I don't. I used to be a lot different from who I am now though, some of you can testify to that, but I am happy with who I am now.
When I used to blog, at all, it was filled with emoticons. I don't like doing that now. My personal opinion? It conveys a sense of insincerity, like you're kidding around. Thats not what I want, but no discrimination intended. Once in a while isn't that bad =P (Thats for all the emoticon users) Text talk should be kept to texting only. But thats a different matter, have a draft on that, will post it soon.
The main difference would be that my previous style of writing was snobbish. Stuck up as well, now I hate it. It's really beyond me how I could ever like writing like that. When I was way younger as well, just starting GEP, I was sort of like that. That's probably explainable, young, naive etc. So not going to touch on that.
Writing in short sentences, to me, conveys a sense of seriousness, to the pointness. I shouldn't use it all the time though, it's probably going to get boring. I've also been repeating a lot of things, which is not something I aspire to do. Most of my topics have been leaning towards the "emotional" side, which is nice to do. Probably because I've been feeling like that a lot recently, which allows me to blog "in essence". My first few posts however have me talking about some other topics, which is average to me, might or might not do it again.