Week 8
Friday, August 22, 2014
It's been a pretty tough week so far, and not just because of time and effort put into things but also because of life's trials and tribulations which have taken a toll on me and certain things which I prize dearly. MAF is just around the corner and in order to tie things together we've been on a crazy ass mission to get everything complete by this Saturday so we can have at least one successful rehearsal before the event itself - things look like they're on course so with any luck we'll be fine, but we most definitely will because if there needs to be time put in we'll make the time.
Most nights I've headed home tired, dirty with paint, but with a sense of satisfaction that I hold proudly, a sense of accomplishment that the work done translates into something greater than the mere physical aspects of work. I didn't anticipate anything like this to happen, but I suppose that was wishful thinking and this is a necessary step as an entire council to drive ourselves forward to days of greater efficiency and success, of tighter bonds and friendships, and cries and laughter. We gripe and moan, and curse and swear (a hyperbole of course), but live and work with no regrets, no inkling of the times we could've better spent, and no hatred for our cause.
As for life in general, I guess sometimes I feel like the world's not all I want it to be despite how much I wish it were (which is well rather obvious but, notwithstanding, I wish it were more). I try to put most things into perspective, though times I fail to and shoot my mouth off instead, but those times I make sure never to forget the encounter and deal with it better. Always accord people [with at least] the same respect and understanding you would want (and more if you're generous), and let the cards fall where they may, to try not to judge and force things where they don't belong.
Reality often falls short of expectation, and really things would run smoother if people under-promised and over-delivered but in this case I like to believe that it's hope that drives people forward, and without a belief that things will get better, well...they won't (I guess).
But there are always slivers of hope

