me, myself and i
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Time for a little bit more about myself, this being my blog after all. Though I guess it should be so much of an obligation rather than a natural process of change, considering how much of what I've written recently doesn't delve deep[er] into my psyche.
I realised that, ironically, I know what I want out of life. Aside obviously from responsibilities such as schoolwork and the like, and ironically because I'm actively working against, really, getting what I want. On a psychological, emotional level, there are parts of me that are currently incomplete (alluding to the analogy of relationships being the unity of two halves of one soul). Friendships are, regrettably, temporary fillings, insomuch that when you desperately need help, no friend is available to help. Which does call for issues of self-sufficiency, but why be alone when the alternative is so much better?
So...I relish talking to other people, or just human interaction in general. (people of choice of course) so much so that I create opportunities to get to know people better/more, and jump on those for me to know more people. It's the new people that I love talking to, (not that I don't love talking to old, closer friends), moreover because it presents a new sheet on which to chart a friendship, fresh perspectives and insights to explore. We like to think that birds of a feather flock together, and that opposites attract, which if you did read my previous post, most of these people fall between the two, one such amalgamation of life's antinomies.
[I digress] not really sure what I'm trying to achieve with this, I mean on some levels other people may take it that I'm a very fickle person. Of which, statistically, I might find hard to deny. /lel :(/ Then I defer to one of life's guiding principles, "never compromise on yourself", which in current context refers to the acceptance of oneself by others for what one truly is. What would really be pointless is to forge friendships on a basis of falsity or unsubstantiated niceties (sweet, sweet lies). So also #yolo and #behappy
Anyway, the problem is that while I talk to people, it's just hard to sustain conversation after a while. To some people I may seem like I'm blowing such an issue way out of proportion (but hey my blog right) and okay maybe. Just perhaps. It really it only is natural? Inevitably, invariably, inadvertently we'll run out of things to talk about, then how now brown cow. Problem lies when it happens way too often, which then would be a byproduct of talking to many people (so that too is inevitable). So, one could say that I live a normal life, a result of natural occurrences, or that my life is unique in my own special way. (did that make sense LOL.) but fundamentally different I guess.
So...I relish talking to other people, or just human interaction in general. (people of choice of course) so much so that I create opportunities to get to know people better/more, and jump on those for me to know more people. It's the new people that I love talking to, (not that I don't love talking to old, closer friends), moreover because it presents a new sheet on which to chart a friendship, fresh perspectives and insights to explore. We like to think that birds of a feather flock together, and that opposites attract, which if you did read my previous post, most of these people fall between the two, one such amalgamation of life's antinomies.
[I digress] not really sure what I'm trying to achieve with this, I mean on some levels other people may take it that I'm a very fickle person. Of which, statistically, I might find hard to deny. /lel :(/ Then I defer to one of life's guiding principles, "never compromise on yourself", which in current context refers to the acceptance of oneself by others for what one truly is. What would really be pointless is to forge friendships on a basis of falsity or unsubstantiated niceties (sweet, sweet lies). So also #yolo and #behappy
Anyway, the problem is that while I talk to people, it's just hard to sustain conversation after a while. To some people I may seem like I'm blowing such an issue way out of proportion (but hey my blog right) and okay maybe. Just perhaps. It really it only is natural? Inevitably, invariably, inadvertently we'll run out of things to talk about, then how now brown cow. Problem lies when it happens way too often, which then would be a byproduct of talking to many people (so that too is inevitable). So, one could say that I live a normal life, a result of natural occurrences, or that my life is unique in my own special way. (did that make sense LOL.) but fundamentally different I guess.
My understanding of it all, on a macro level, (metacognitive level even), is that the only times that I have to share my feelings here, is when I lack another person whom I can vent, reflect or just talk to. Oftentimes I defer blogging for chatting, and yet here I am now, when I've people whom I can easily approach for such matters. So what do I do this for?

