Condo Security Guards in Singapore
Sunday, September 26, 2010
I think that most condominium security guards do not really bother to check if you really pose a threat to the estate, and most of them just follow what they are instructed to do. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, just that I feel that security guards need to be able to do more than just follow protocol.
For example, apparently if you move your finger in an circular motion upwards the guards will immediately let you in, no questions asked. My guess is that they are under the impression that you are just making a U-turn. But when they see that you are not coming out the out gate immediately, they don't get suspicious or anything, and just stay in their guard house. This is the kind of security guard that does not treat his job seriously, and will only do what he is instructed to do. In simple he will only follow the black and white.
Shouldn't security guards ensure the security of the estate, as the name implies? What is seen in our condominiums however is a completely different story. Another example is that most security guards are very rushed and would rather hurry up and complete the job, rather than complete it seriously. In one several condominiums that I have visited, on the visitor's parking slip provided for each of the visitors there is a section stating that the visitor has read the terms and conditions of parking in the estate. One would assume that the visitor would be the one to sign that, but instead the guards are the one signing it.
That more or less concludes what I have to say. It's mostly incomplete because it's rather late now so I'll add more later if there are any issues with the current one.
Condo Security Guards in Singapore
Sunday, September 26, 2010
I think that most condominium security guards do not really bother to check if you really pose a threat to the estate, and most of them just follow what they are instructed to do. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, just that I feel that security guards need to be able to do more than just follow protocol.
For example, apparently if you move your finger in an circular motion upwards the guards will immediately let you in, no questions asked. My guess is that they are under the impression that you are just making a U-turn. But when they see that you are not coming out the out gate immediately, they don't get suspicious or anything, and just stay in their guard house. This is the kind of security guard that does not treat his job seriously, and will only do what he is instructed to do. In simple he will only follow the black and white.
Shouldn't security guards ensure the security of the estate, as the name implies? What is seen in our condominiums however is a completely different story. Another example is that most security guards are very rushed and would rather hurry up and complete the job, rather than complete it seriously. In one several condominiums that I have visited, on the visitor's parking slip provided for each of the visitors there is a section stating that the visitor has read the terms and conditions of parking in the estate. One would assume that the visitor would be the one to sign that, but instead the guards are the one signing it.
That more or less concludes what I have to say. It's mostly incomplete because it's rather late now so I'll add more later if there are any issues with the current one.
Biography
About myself
Kay Han
21
I like writing, though I can't say that I'm terribly good at it
Networks
Feel free to look around
Facebook |
Twitter |
Youtube |
Instagram
Tagboard
Rhetoric
Message me if you've been here and have something to say, would really appreciate it
Feedback
Forgive the pretentiousness
Feedback Form
People
The list